eVetRecs: Request Copies of Military Personnel Records

RAO Homepage

Welcome to the online military personnel records request system. Use our system to create a customized order form to request information from your, or your relative's, military personnel records. You may use this system if you are:

  • A military veteran, or
  • Next of kin of a deceased, former member of the military. The next of kin can be any of the following: surviving spouse that has not remarried, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, or brother.

If you are not the veteran or next of kin, you must complete the Sandard Form 180 (SF 180). See Access to Military Records by The General Publicfor more details.

How to Initiate a Request for Military Personnel Records:

  1. Click on the "Request Military Records" button below to start. This will launch a separate window.

  2. Enter the required information in the system to create your customized request form. There are 4 steps that you need to navigate. The system will guide you through the steps and tell you exactly which step you are on.

  3. Print, sign and date the signature verification area of your customized form. If you don't have a printer, have a pen and paper handy and we will guide you through the process. This is important because the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed and dated by the veteran or next of kin.

  4. Mail or fax your signature verification form to us, and we will process your request. You must do this within the first 20 days of entering your request, or your request will be removed from our system.


Note: If you experience problems using eVetRecs, please see the EvetsRecs Help and FAQs page.

Top of Page

RAO Homepage

Langley AFB Retiree Activities Office
633rd Mission Support Group/633rd MSG/CVR
Webmaster, Maj. Harold Carney, USAF (retired)